24 February 2011

I introduce... myself. And my blog.

       As stated in my "About Me" section, I am a student at Indiana University, majoring in Communication and Culture (CMCL) and Telecommunications. I will graduate (most likely) in May 2013. My freshman year, I was a Math-Education major, but decided to switch majors at the end of the year, because I wanted expand my knowledge and not stay in the school context for the rest of my life. I respect teachers for their hard-work, perseverance, and determination. Without the teachers in my life, I would not be where I am today, and I would not be the person I am today. On a less-deep level, I try to live by what Pablo Neruda's wrote, "A child who does not play is not a child, but the man who doesn't play has lost forever the child who lived in him and who he will miss terrible."
      I created this blog in order to reflect on things that I am presented with in life. I have been interested in blogging for quite some time, but I have not been able to think about what I would even blog about. Until recently, I didn't think I would ever blog, because I have a wide-range of interests. After pondering about what my blog would be about, I decided that I would create a blog to think. There is not too many places where I can reflect or think-through concepts, ideas, or thoughts, so I made one. Of course, I could have just bought a journal, but I want to be able to share whatever I write, and I want this to be more than "Dear diary, today I went to class. etc., etc., etc.."
       The classes that I am taking are basically centered around rhetoric, film, and media. These classes present me with a wide variety of concepts to learn and writing a blog will help me learn. I encounter ideas on a daily basis, so this blog will allow me to present ideas and reflect on the world around me. I am one who has always had a different way of thinking, but never able to really answer questions. I want to improve, and so writing a blog will be a practice to help answer questions that I ask myself and others ask me.
        In a world where technology and life constantly overlap, I want to develop into a person who can keep up. What I want to accomplish with this blog include developing skills that will help me professionally and really learning, or at least reflecting upon, what I am presented with as a student, thinker, and person.

No comments:

Post a Comment